First off windows officially removed WMIC.exe from windows!
Last updated 20211215: new fixes and options, google drive link, neo4j fix
I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 22494.1000 currently (20211108)
What this change breaks:
- Cypress.io firefox and other browser detection
What I've tired:
- installing wmic.exe into C:\Windows\System32\wbem
- super sketchy website has a older version of wmic.exe that i installed into the system to try to get it to work no dice!
- Link to exe [download here 20211108](https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/WzvoAd4a#file)
The WMIC.exe is in the folder
- WMIC.exe.mui in the folder
Update this doesnt work!
Fing MS does it again!
Fix for what i was trying to do : install neo4j
for the lazy heres the precompiled hack fix for this
npm install -g pkg
echo 'console.log("Caption FreeSpace Size"); console.log("C: 23770869760 63758659584");' > wbem.js
pkg -t win wbem.js
that didnt work ;/
I tried swithcing to wmic instead
pkg -t win wmic.js
try number 2
WOW IT WORKED!
thanks @feckardt (Frank)
To future people: warning this wmic is used by other system stuff, and you could bork some shit, you have been warned! :)
my exe's for the lazy
or if your a good parionid dev, you can replicate my stuff.....
I found a older copy of wmic.exe on my new pc, and copied it here for future reference. I tried finding some old versions but it was missing somethings, and i couldn't get it to work :/
Here's a more up to date versions that is less sketchy