I finally found the most drop dead simple way to add comments to my site!
how to setup utterances
1) create a new github repo something like github.com/<yourusername>/myblogcomments
Create the repo:
note make sure the repo is set to "PUBLIC"
2)connect utterances to the newly minted github repo
not pictured is selecting the 1 repo i want to connect to
When complete should look like
3) select utterances settings
select a theme you like
Copy the script tag
4) add comments to your ghost blog page!
click on the plus button within ghost and add "html" card
Paste your copied code into the html card block
Please dont just
copy and paste the code from my site make sure you coped the correct one from in the instilation process
if your site ended up having my comments that would be weird. 😉
- requires users to have a github account
- really f-ing simple to setup
- someone reading my blog (i hope) has a github account
- no cost! its free!
pro tip! you can actually imbed the comments into the middle of posts!
See it in action here!
by oran collins